Friday, November 4, 2011

27 weeks

Pregnancy Facts and Figures


Size of baby: Elliott Faith is the size of a head of Cauliflower, ~14-15" long.Weighing in at ~2+lbs

Total Weight Gain: ~13 lbs, give or take a pound or two, depending on the day, or time of day:)

Clothes: Maternity jeans, regular yoga or athletic pants. Combination of maternity and regular shirts. Oh, and I have started adding mens hoodies and fleeces to my wardrobe, cause we all know there is nothing more sexy than a pregnant woman in a mens clothing.:) But seriously... men's smalls fit me so much better, and are much cheaper, then comfortable/casual maternity clothes!

Gender: It's a girl! Elliott Faith Ross. Elliott is my maiden name. We will probably start out calling her either Ellie or Elle

Movement: She really must have been growing last week, therefore requiring a lot of rest, cause she wasn't as active. This week, the growth spurt seems to be over, and its time for 24/7 calestenistics!!!

Sleep: Back in touch with my one and only talent - my ability to sleep! I basically die every night!

Cravings: still, HONEY CRISP APPLES! Can NOT get enough of these yummy things!!! I am now adding natural peanut butter to these helping to increase my protein intake... more on that later. And CHEESE! With the amount of cheese I consume, coupled with the fact I am pregnant, it is a miracle constipation has not been added to my list of symptoms!

Symptoms: I have been feeling great the last three weeks! Other then Tuesday morning...

Highlight: Getting to see Ellie Faith today on our first 3D/4D ultrasound, courtesy of our doctor... just "cause":) Can't wait!!!

Lowlight: So Tuesday was an adventure. I got up after a great night's sleep, feeling like my legs and arms weighed 10 lbs apeice. Otherwise, I felt fine! Odd. I continued to the bathroom to get ready for the day, thinking my muscles were just fatigued from my work out the night before, even though it had been super easy. 10-15 minutes later I climbed into the shower, and started washing my face. Next thing I knew, I was up against the wall of the shower, with severe tunnel vision. I slid down into a fetal position and turned off the water. Great, Jared is sound asleep with the fan going... I am going to knock myself out cold, and he is going to be none the wiser. I have no idea how long I sat with my head between my knees. I attempted to get up twice, and blacked out both times. Finally, I made it out of the tub and literally crawled back to bed.
Jared: What's wrong babe, are you sick?
Me: No, I don't think so. I just passed out... three times.
Jared: WHAT?
I have definitely had positional dizzy spells during the pregnancy, but never come close to passing out. We finally made it down stairs, and he made me some breakfast. I was still very woozy, and felt like my head was floating somewhere above and to the left of my shoulders. Luckily, Ellie decided to be a little gymnast during the whole event, so I knew she was just fine. The nurse in me kept doing a head to toe assement of myself - my pulse was great, urine output was just fine, etc...I figured my blood pressure had just bottomed out for some reason... I woke up on my right side, and figured the girl in my belly had just been compressing my vena cava. But since it had never happened before I wanted the doctor or midwives to check me out. We got an appointment for later that morning. I spent the morning on the couch, with my feet prompted up, under strict orders from my husband not to venture up the stairs and to only leave the couch, slowly, to use the restroom. Jared came back after a few hours, and took me to the appointment, as I still felt in no condition to drive. Everything looked fine - blood pressure, blood sugar, and urine were all normal. Ellie's heart rate was strong... when they could keep up with all her movements. I was told to take it easy the rest of the day, and that it was probably just a drop in blood pressure and blood sugar. I just need to add even more protein to my diet, and eat before gettig in the shower, or doing anything else in mornings. I went home and slept for 3-4 hours on the couch!! I am still not feeling normal... having "mini episodes." I have my glucose tolerance test later today, so we will see what that shows. Hopefully, it will help us come up with a game plan. This always bordering on passing out is for the dogs!

Fun Fact: Part of my family is in town this weekend for my younger siblings basketball games and our college girls are throwing us our first baby shower on Sunday! So excited to see so many wonderful people this weekend - biologic family, basketball family, and college ministry family!

1 comment:

  1. Yikes, scary about passing out!! So glad you and baby are both okay!

    ReplyDelete