Tuesday, March 20, 2012

We are Headed to Nationals!

This is a scheduled post...

If you are reading this, and all is going according to plan, it is 8 am and I should be pulling into Nashville about now, to meet up with my mom (or maybe another friend or two) to make our way out to Springfield , MO to cheer on the NCC WARRIORS through their journey at NCHB (National Christian HomeSchool Basketball) National Championship. Yes, that means I was able to get both Ellie and I up, dressed, fed, and in the car by 6:30 am....

We have a lot of players, teams, and families going this year!


Of course the two players (and teams) I am most excited about watching are these:

My sister, Mary Grace and her Varsity Girl's Team

My brother, Christopher, and his Varsity Boys Team

I got to see Christopher play in his first National Tournament, as an "end of the bench middle schooler." 

I have promised him since then that I would go to his senior/final trip to Nationals. When we found out we were expecting Ellie near the end of January, beginning of February, I was worried I might not be able to keep this promise, but I was determined to do my best. When she came extra early, I wasn't sure if this was going to help or thwart our efforts. Since she has been an exceptional baby, a great traveler, and because I am just an all around super awesome big sister :), we are going to give it a whirl. Worst case scenario, its a near disaster and Ellie and I end up spending a lot of time in our hotel room... which is basically like staying home all day, which is what we do a lot... maybe they will have an indoor pool to change things up a bit.

My family has many memories from Nationals over the years. Its always a great time! Here are some pics from back in the day.

 

Both Christopher and Mary Grace have made All-Tournament Team at the last two national tournaments.

Could my sibs be any cuter!?!?

And just because I have always wanted to do this - here is a collage of the many faces of my dad when he coaches. He has coached numerous Warrior Basketball teams over the years, but this year he will be sitting in the stands with us. My dad is one of the most laid back individuals I know... until he puts on his coaching uniform... then its a act fit for a run at the Oscar's.:) He is very passionate this game and his players!

The sweet lady in the middle of the collage is my dad's mom. 

It will probably be pretty quiet on the blog front this week, unless I get several posts written and scheduled ahead of time - I make no promises. I don't have a smart phone or laptop, so it will be a pretty "unplugged" week.

Ellie and her wardrobe are ready to go!


Hopefully we will be seeing lots of this sweet face...


... and not too much of this:)




On we continue to Missouri! 

No comments:

Post a Comment